One of the hottest topics on social media lately has been Meta Verified! Meta platforms put out the announcement a few weeks ago that it would be offering the Meta Verified service and this game changing social media feature quickly became THE most sought after feature for content creators! So what is Meta Verified? What are the benefits of Meta Verified? I’ll walk you through it…
To put it simply, Meta Verified is a monthly subscription service that costs $14.99 per month that Meta platforms Instagram and Facebook are offering. It’s a new take on their old verified system (aka the “blue check mark”) that was previously reserved for public figures and individuals or businesses with tons of followers and reach. With Meta Verified, once it’s available in your area, you’ll be able to apply for the verification process and get verified within a day or two.
So, what’s the benefit of Meta Verified? Meta Verified gives you, of course, that previously hard to come by blue verified check next to your account name, along with enhanced account security and customer support. It’s currently only available for non-business accounts, but I believe it’s coming soon for business accounts!
If you’re wondering, “What is the Meta Verified application process?”, here’s a breakdown:
- Sign up for the waitlist to be notified of its availability in your area
- When available, you’ll get a notification and can sign up
- When you sign up, you’ll first pay the $14.99 monthly subscription fee and they’ll have you set your profile photo and name, then sign up for an external authentication app for two factor authentication
- You’ll then submit the required identification information and wait for approval!
Here are some tips for getting Meta Verified:
- Ensure your profile photo is clearly showing your face as it needs to look like the one on your ID documentation (note that you can’t change your profile pic or name without having to reapply for Meta Verified!)
- If not already, ensure your name on your account is your legal name (or a close nickname and last name) and nothing else because they won’t approve you if the name is different than the one on your ID (middle names not required!)
- Submit ID documentation photos as quickly as possible (I believe you have 3 days to provide it or you won’t be accepted and have to reapply!)
- When you take photos of your ID document, make sure that the information is clearly displayed in the photo (use good lighting without glare)
So how can Meta Verified benefit creators? Being verified on Instagram and Facebook gives a level of credibility to your account because it proves your account is legit and not spam (which can be great for brand partnerships, post reach, and overall legitimacy for your personal brand). Setting up the extra security measures in the verification process ensures your account safety, and perhaps the biggest benefit is getting dedicated support agents and help if you need it!
Who can apply for Meta Verified? This is my favorite part… I believe anyone with an established account can apply as long as it’s available in your area! I’ve seen verified accounts with under 10,000 followers and accounts with over 10,000 followers, so I love that this new feature can benefit creators of all audience sizes!
Let me know if you have any questions about Meta Verified in the comments! I just signed up for it and I honestly love it so far! Be sure to subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram for more social media tips!