One thing I struggled with a lot when I started selling on Poshmark was making sales and getting traffic to my closet. After a bit of a slow start, I noticed an ad for Poshmark’s ambassador program, and immediately jumped on the requirements to join the program! If you’re not familiar with what being a Poshmark ambassador is, it’s kind of like the next tier of being a seller on their platform. Here’s why you should become an ambassador if you sell on Poshmark & how this will help you get more sales in the long run…
What being a Poshmark Ambassador is all about…
As I mentioned, being a Poshmark ambassador means you have access to exclusive perks. Your closet is recommended more by Poshmark, you can connect with your community through events, and they give you the opportunity to do campaigns on social media for credit towards your Poshmark purchases. It means that you’re an active seller on the platform and are already taking steps to take your business to the next level!
What the requirements are…
If the benefits I mentioned piqued your interest, here’s a little bit about the requirements to become a Poshmark ambassador…
If you’re on the Poshmark app and click on your profile, then My Posh Stats, you’ll be able to see the requirements for being a Poshmark ambassador and your progress towards meeting those goals. Here are the program requirements for a Poshmark ambassador as taken from Poshmark’s website (& annotated by me):
- Community Shares: Share at least 5,000 items from other Poshers’ closets. (You want to show you’re engaged with the community, not just your own stuff!)
- Self-Shares: Share your own items at least 5,000 times to the community. (Sharing your own items shows that you’re an active seller.)
- New Poshers Shared: Discover and share items from at least 50 new closets. (Again, community is big!)
- Available Listings: Have at least 50 available listings in your closet. (They’re looking for intentional sellers!)
- Listings Sold: Make at least 15 sales. (It might be a bit hard at first but this will come quick!)
- Average Purchase Rating: Have an average purchase rating of at least 4.5 stars. (Try your best to give your customers great service!)
- Average Ship Time: Have an average ship time of less than 3 days. (Basically they wanna see that you’re not making your customers wait too long!)
- Love Notes Given: Leave at least 1 Love Note for another Posher. (This means you’ve made at lease one purchase on the app and left a comment and rating after it was received!)
Why being an ambassador will benefit you as a seller…
The benefits of the program are pretty straightforward and will boost your closet’s visibility almost overnight! Things like daily auto-follows and recommending your closet to users with preferences that match helped my account grow substantially. I now get a lot more follows, listing shares, and likes than I did before and this is the key to earning money on Poshmark successfully. You can also get the opportunity to do campaigns on social media promoting your Poshmark closet, while also earning commission in the form of Poshmark credit (though the credit may only be applied to purchases, not withdrawn as part of your balance). All of these factors can help you make more sales and grow your business into a side hustle for a little extra cash! It does require some work, but it’s ultimately worth it if selling on Poshmark is what you love to do!
I hope this helps you get started on your path to be a Poshmark ambassador! If you’re not signed up for the app yet, use my code TABITHANTHOMAS and link here to get $10 off your first order! Shop my Poshmark closet here.
Stay tuned & subscribe to my blog for the benefits of being a Poshmark ambassador II coming soon!